The information below is intended to help you guide your child(ren) in their continued learning. While we will not be physically together, we will continue to work together to ensure teaching and learning occurs via Distance Learning.
Teachers will provide lessons and communicate assignments to students via their preferred classroom platforms (e.g. Google Classroom, Class Dojo, Seesaw, etc.).
Schoolwide communication to families will occur via ParentSquare. Click here to join ParentSquare, if you aren't already receiving notifications.
If you have any questions, please contact your child's teacher and/or me.
Lessons/assignments for each instructional day will be provided by teachers via their classroom platform. Teachers will check in with students/families each week. The links below will take you to each teacher's/ classroom's platform. Class codes will be needed to access information. If you are unable to access assignments or have any questions, please contact teachers via ParentSquare or their emails listed below.
(TK) Ms. Joanna Stylok (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(K) Ms. Catherine Villarreal (email@example.com)
(K) Ms. Yolanda Villarreal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(1st) Ms. Veronica Castaneda (email@example.com)
(1st) Ms. Jennifer Shelton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(2nd) Ms. Jillian Cintas (email@example.com)
(2nd) Ms. Daisy Trujillo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(2nd/3rd) Mr. Jay Calcagno (email@example.com)
(2nd/3rd) Ms. Ujala Ramachandran (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(3rd) Ms. Laura Correa (email@example.com)
(3rd) Mr. Shawn Swiess (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(4th) Ms. Mervat Aly (email@example.com)
(4th) Ms. Jessica Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(5th) Mr. German Hernandez (email@example.com)
(5th) Ms. Helena Manley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(RSP) Mr. Blake Buchanan (email@example.com)
(Speech) Ms. Irene Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(Band & Piano Lab) Mr. John Fitzhugh (email@example.com)
(PE) Mr. Mike VanDeWalle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alum Rock Union School District
- Please visit our district Distance Learning Page for a number of resources!
- Any student enrolled at Dorsa who still needs access to a device (Chromebook, iPad, or hotspot) should contact the IT department at 408-928-6917,
Santa Clara County Office of Education
- The Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE) has launched a web portal of COVID-19 information and resources for teachers, parents, students, administrators and support staff. The Learning Resource Portal features sections with information that varies from setting up virtual classrooms and accessing lesson plans and resources, to sharing ideas with parents for how to keep children engaged at home.
San Jose Public Library
- Students in Alum Rock can sign up for an eLibrary Card, which provides access to a number of resources!
- Their Spring Into Reading program continues until May 1st. Please sign up students if you have not done so already.
- Access a List of Educational Resources for Teachers, Parents, & Students
Family Resource Centers (FRC)
The FRCs throughout our district can provide support with school enrollment, counseling services, and so much more! Here are the two closest to Dorsa:
- Chavez FRC - 2000 Kammerer Ave., San Jose, CA 95116, (408) 928-7270
- Hubbard FRC - 1680 Foley Ave. Rm H2, San Jose, CA 95122, (408) 928-7725
YMCA of Silicon Valley
- These Youth Educational Resources are provided by YMCA Project Cornerstone and YMCA of Silicon Valley Youth Development staff.
Second Harvest Food Bank
- Call 1-800-984-3663 or visit their "Get Food" page to get information on food distributions near you.
Alum Rock Counseling Center
- 1245 East Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95116
- 24/7 CRISIS HOTLINE: (408) 294-0579
- Program Office: (408) 294-0500
- Email: email@example.com
- Please contact your child's teacher or Mrs. Garcia, if you would like supporting connecting with counseling services.
Uplift Family Services Mobile Crisis Team
- The Uplift Family Services' Mobile Crisis Team provides 24-hour intervention to children and teens in the community who are in acute psychological crisis. To access the 24-hour/7 days a week crisis line call 1-408-379-9085 or call toll-free 1-877-41-CRISIS (412-7474).